TOYOTA KATA IN FIELD
IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF YOUR PROCESSES!
COURSE FOCUSED TO IMPROVE OEE: QUALITY, SPEED, AVAILABILITY, COST, DELIVERY, HR AND OTHER BUSINESS APPLICATIONS.
DATE & HOST
When you finish Toyota Kata you will:
- Start the process of implementing the Toyota Kata in your company.
- Apply scientific thinking in a way that applies to Toyota to achieve great challenges.
- Be able to maintain a constant leadership of the Leader and the apprentice, improve week-by-week with proven results in hundreds of companies.
- Become a leader in the creation of in a learning environment and drive continuous improvement.
- Learn how to develop strong challenges for companies and departments.
- Learn to designe_ne patterns of current operations in the company (understand the process)
- Learn to devise desired patterns that deliver the right result (focus on the process)
- Learn to visualize where the threshold of knowledge is and avoid moving to the objective operation pattern (Desired process)
- Learn how to perform experiments, observe results, and use applications to move forward.
- Understand when a desired condition has been reached, and to define new operating patterns for better results.
- Teach to reflect on the processes of experimentation, learning and applications.
- Vice Presidents
- Directors of Operations or General Managers
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
Focus on Education
Focus on Challenges
Focus on Challenges
Executive Advisor for ALFRA International two Best Seller with “The Toyota Way” & “Toyota Culture”
Dr. Jeffrey K. Liker is Professor of Industrial and Operations Engineering at the University of Michigan and President of Liker Lean Advisors. He is author of the international best-seller, The Toyota Way: 14 Management Principles from the World’s Greatest Manufacturer, 2004 (26 languages, over 950,000 copies sold), and has coauthored nine other books about Toyota including Toyota Culture, The Toyota Product Development System, The Toyota Way to Lean Leadership (2011) and Developing Lean Leaders at all Levels: A Practical Guide (2014). In 2016 he published The Toyota Way to Service Excellence and coauthored a lean transformation business novel called Trenches. His articles and books have won twelve Shingo Prizes for Research Excellence. In 2012 he was inducted into the Association of Manufacturing Excellence Hall of Fame and in 2016 inducted into the Shingo Academy.
Director general ALFRA Embajador Toyota Kata México Experiencia Toyota Kata Europa, Norte América y Sudamérica.
Francisco Ocejo is leading Alfra Lean Advisors a Consulting firm with over 1,500 customers companies from many countries. He also is the Vice President of Alfra Institute, a education organization to develop the top Management under a Lean MBA degree formed with Former Toyota executives and Top worldwide Management.
He has been learning, applying, and teaching the Toyota Production System in Canada, USA, Mexico, Latin America & Europe. He has taught and applied Lean from the senior management level to the operational levels closest to Gemba fro over 150 companies from international corporations, to mid-size and small family businesses from diferent industry sectors such as: Service, Logistics, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronic, Bank, Ceramic, Education, Defense Electronic, Food & Beverage, Gas & Oil, Electric Manufacturing, and several manufacturing sectors.
Francisco is a Toyota Kata Ambassador and Pioneer to spread the Toyota Kata in Mexico, he has been applying TK with his colleague Dr. Jeff Liker ( author of the best seller the toyota Way) and many other Coaches in companies with the hieghest TPS people development.
For over 5 years he has been constantly trained by the Best Seller “Toyota Way (800 hrs),” the Ex President of JV Toyota China Mr Shingo (360 hrs), and various Toyota top Management ( + 1000 hrs).
His best expertise is in: Coaching Toyota Kata, Lean Manufacturing,Lean Office, Lean Culture and Business Transformation.
He is an Industrial and Systems Engineering at the Monterrey Technical Institute. He has taught classes for students in over 15 Universities, lecturing in various Congresses in Mexico. Certified as Black Belt Six Sigma.
He is an Industrial and Systems Engineering at the Monterrey Technical Institute. He has taught classes for students in over 15 Universities, lecturing in various Congresses in Mexico. Certified as Black Belt Six Sigma at Institution of Industrial Engineers, and the Theory of Constraints and Thinking Process at the EGADE of the Monterrey Technical Institute.
Francisco is a former Celestica leader & manager of the Lean Culture Transformation, with BlackBerry (RIM), Palm, HTC as Principals customers, with sales of over 1 billion dollars. This transformation.
TRANSLATED TO 17 LANGUAGES
- Coffee break & Lunch
- Course Certificate.